monitors feedyard performance,
organizes feed inputs,
eliminates batch sheets, and;
helps uncover insights.
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices, chopped (use 6oz if you don’t want it very cheesy)
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
- Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
- Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
- Served on toasted brioche buns.
Yield: 6 sandwiches, Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 523 Calories
- Total Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 42g
Adapted from Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese from… well… this blog.
All images and text ©
SERVES 16 | ACTIVE TIME 15 Min | TOTAL TIME 15 Min
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant cheesecake pudding, unprepared
1 cup International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
1 pound strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces
2 (6-ounce) containers blueberries
4 large bananas, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
In a medium tall bowl (I use my 8 cup measuring cup), using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth. It may bind up in the beaters, but continue as is and it will loosen up. Add the dry pudding mix. Beat until well combined.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the creamer to the cream cheese mix. Add it about a tablespoon at a time and then mix until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the creamer has combined into the cream cheese, repeat until all of the creamer has been added to the mixture. Whip until smooth. Refrigerate while you prepare the fruit.
In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and bananas. Stir to coat bananas completely and pour off any excess lemon juice. Add strawberries and blueberries. Gently stir to combine. Fold the cheesecake mixture into the fruit.
Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.