- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or low-fat)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope mushroom gravy mix or 1 (1 ounce) envelope beef gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth (or beef broth mixed with Burgundy wine)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
Directions See How It’s Made
- Place beef in the slow cooker.
- Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix and gravy mix in a bowl until well blended. Stir in beef broth.
- Add mushrooms and onions to mixture, then pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook egg noodle according to directions on package.
- Spoon beef mixture over hot noodles and serve.